7. Write a thirty second speech explaining, why the right to vote is or is not important. Go over your speech with at least 1 classmate to make corrections. Be prepared to defend your opinion in a class debate.
8. Create a commercial that encourages other to go out and vote. (video, written, poster)
Everyone does number 9 (5 points)
9. Create a poster that displays and explains the 3 branches of government.
Choose two from 10- 12 (10 pts each) 10. Find and summarize 6 news articles, two on local government, two on state government and two on federal government. (10) Use www.newsela.com to find articles.
11. Create a game based on facts about government (10)
12. Name and describe major and minor political parties in America. What roles do they play in the election process? (10)